Autumn Issue 8 - April 2019
Kia ora, Kia orana, Talofa, As-salam Alaykom & Hello
Welcome to our Autumn Newsletter. I hope that you had a wonderful summer now that the cooler weather is showing itself. Stay warm and don’t forget to get your
HealthShare, the Midland Shared Service Agency has launched its new website. The website describes all the services that are provided in the regional space. Click here to visit the website. As the regional Mental Health & Addiction Network it is fantastic to be part of such a diverse work space.
This newsletter features Grant Goodman, eSPACE Project Manager and Esthe Davis, Regional Clinical Expert who are providing leadership for the Mental Health & Addiction component of the Midland Clinical Portal. It is exciting to see all the works that we as a sector have produced over the years come to fruition.
Thank you to all the people who have contributed to the Autumn Newsletter. It is great to be able to highlight the amazing work that people are doing across Midland. Please feel free to contact any of our contributors if you want more information on their article. Keep those articles coming.
Lastly, I wanted to touch base with everyone about the Christchurch mosque attacks on the 15th March 2019. It was a horrific act of violence against us as a nation and many people are still struggling to deal with and understand it. For people needing support please call the Mental Health Help Line 1737 or MHResponse@health.govt.nz .
The Ministry of Health is committed to supporting those affected both in Christchurch and across New Zealand. Canterbury DHB has done an amazing job to respond to this unprecedented event and we will continue to support them through the coming months and years.
Fi Aman Illah
To read the articles featured in our Autumn newsletter click the links below:
- Workforce Planning Lead Update
- Information Project Coordinator Update
- Midland Regional Planning Day
- Midland Review in Reduction of Section 29 Project Report
- Farewell Lesley Watkins and Marita Ranclaud
- Meet Grant Goodman - Project Manager
- Midland Region to Finalise MH&A Component of Midland Clinical Portal
- Meet Esthe Davis - Clinical Manager Community Mental Health, Lakes DHB
- How Can a Foreign Model Suit the Culture of Aotearoa?
- My Outcomes - Chicago 2019
- Te Hiringa Matua
- Whakapapa o Te Kaiãwhina
- Standing Up For Young People in Mental Health
- Maniapoto Whãnau Ora Centre Opening
- Mental Health Wellbeing @ Waikato
- Active Transition Program
- Waikato DHB CADS - Waharoa Hauora Initiative
- Rã Hauora
- Pathways Videos Explore Spirituality & Self-Stigma
- Gardening for Health & Wellbeing