Winter Issue 2 - June 2017
Kia Ora and Talofa
Welcome to our Midland Mental Health & Addiction Winter Newsletter.
I hope that this newsletter finds you well and warm. For those of you who have not as yet, don’t forget to get a flu shot.
It has been a very busy time for the team with a range of activity occurring which I am sure you have been a party too. I would like to thank all of you who attended and participated in the workshops for the Substance Abuse Legislation model of care development. Ashley has been rolling out workshops for PRIMHD, unfortunately we had to cancel in Tairawhiti and Lakes due to insufficient numbers. But in saying that we have had to hold additional workshops in the Bay of Plenty due to the numbers attending. David has been working with the local Clinical Portal Champions Groups over the last couple of months and it is great to see the product of their work come to fruition. Steve is still getting to know the lay of the Midland region and will be picking up some of the Workforce initiatives over the coming months.
Thank you to the wonderful Akatu who has pulled together our 2nd Newsletter and cracking the whip to make sure we submit articles. If you or your organisation has something that you want to share with the region please send your article to Akatu for inclusion.
I hope that you find our newsletter informative.
Until next time, stay warm.
Malo le soifua Eseta
To read on the articles featured in our newsletter click the links below.
- The National Substance Abuse Legislation
- Midland MH&A Regional Data
- PRIMHD Success Story and General Update
- Midland Clinical Portal
- Local Champions Group Meetings
- Visit to Whanganui DHB
- Lakes DHB Information Framework Education & Training Project
- Meet the Chair of the Midland Consumer Leadership Network - He Tipuana Nga Kakano
- Meet the Chair of the Midland Infant Perinatal Network
- Meet the Chair of the Midland Addiction Leadership Network
- Midland Regional Dementia Nurse Advisor
- Midland e-Newsletter - Issued by HealthShare Ltd