Winter Issue 9 - July 2019
Welcome to our Winter Newsletter. I hope that this winter has not been too hard on you health wise. Thank you Taranaki for sharing your flu virus with us out of towners.
This newsletter features Caleb Putt, Portfolio Manager, Bay of Plenty, Sue Philipson, Families Overcoming Addiction, Taranaki and Nat Browning, Author and Lived Experience Expert, Rotorua. It is exciting to see all the work that contributes to our mental health and addiction space.
He Waka Roimata: Transforming our Criminal Justice System is very topical given our national statistics on our prison population. We have included a link to the report and it is worth reading to get a full understanding. As a Regional Network we will be discussing the report at our August Stakeholder networks and providing a submission to Pianika Cowlin, Project Manager, Hāpaitia te Oranga Tangata Programme, Ministry of Justice. If you have any feedback please send it through directly to Pianika or to us.
Thank you to all the people who have contributed to the Winter Newsletter. Please feel free to contact any of our contributors if you want more information on their article.
Keep those articles coming.
Lastly, I wanted to touch base with everyone about He Ara Oranga. The Ministry of Health has identified the priorities that they will be focusing on and is currently holding regional meetings across the country to progress and test their thinking. As a region, we are in the process of developing the Midland Wellbeing Framework with Te Piko o te Māhuri: Youth Wānanga being the first cab of the rank. We will be setting up Steering Groups to progress Maori, Whanau, Addiction and Adult wānanga in the near future. If you are interested in participating in the development please contact Akatu Marsters akatu.marsters (at) healthshare.co.nz
Until we see you in the Spring Newsletter, stay warm and safe.
Malo le soifua
To read the articles featured in our Winter newsletter click the links below:
- Workforce Planning Lead Update
- Information Project Coordinator Update
- Meet Caleb Putt - Portfolio Manager for MH&A in Bay of Plenty
- Families Overcoming Addiction
- Te Hiringa Matua
- 5 Step Method Implemented in the Bay of Plenty
- Stigma - Poems About Coping with Bi-Polar & Meet the Author
- Health & Wellbeing Apps Booklet
- That's A Bit Racist Documentary
- He Waka Roimata
- Werry Workforce Whāraurau - He Rauemi (Resources)
- New Residential Care Complaint Resources
- World of Difference Service User Group
- Useful Links from Viewer in America